11. She RSVPs promptly, reads an invitation thoroughly and does not ask for exceptions. She always promptly sends a detailed 'thank you' note to anyone who has shown her hospitality.
12. She never arrives empty-handed. Bringing a small hostess gift shows your appreciation for the preparation your host has done.
13. Her word is her bond. A lady warrants a respectable reputation purely by the consistency of her word. She always keeps her promises.
14. Don't call him, he'll call you. A lady knows that she deserves to be pursued and does not do so. If you are in the position that you have to initiate contact in order to communicate, then you should know that you are not dealing with a gentleman and can move on.
15. Time frame: no one gets to call you on a whim to hang out. Your time is precious and valuable and you are clearly booked days in advance. Someone who honours your time will plan ahead and ask to take you out with at least a 48-hour notice.
16. You don't meet a guy just anywhere. He comes and picks you up, especially on the first date. It can be inconvenient, but is it your job to make dating you convenient? No. The last thing you want to be is convenient. However, if you are meeting someone in person for the first time, meeting in a neutral location is a smart, safe move. Always honour your intuition.
17. Curfew: Mama always said nothing good happens past 10 o'clock and she's pretty much right. So, set the time you need to be home in advance and let your gentleman know about it ahead of time.
18. Appreciation: Being a lady and acting ladylike does not mean that you are entitled or snobby. Practise having a heart of gratitude and always say thank you for specific actions or generosities.
19. How to order: Have respect for your gentleman and do not behave with entitlement by ordering the most expensive thing on the menu. If he wants to treat you to a fine bottle of wine, he can order it or ask you to make a selection.
20. Be a good listener and conversationalist. Put your phone away and be present. A lady is not boring, rude or dismissive.
21. Be prepared: If you are going out with a gentleman, he will cover your date. However, you should always be prepared to pay if the date does not go well or he forgets his wallet.
Ultimately, etiquette is the natural byproduct that flows through a lady's character. These traditions are mostly common sense that simply allow you and others to enjoy life more.